In this episode, I interview Chris Sajnog, bestselling author of ‘How to Shoot Like A Navy SEAL,’ who talks about skill development in shooting, and the 7 techniques for building any skill regardless of talent level or experience.
Chris Sajnog (pronounced Sigh-Nog) is the bestselling author of ‘How to Shoot Like A Navy SEAL’ and ‘Navy SEAL Shooting’.
Chris had the privilege of coaching and mentoring thousands of young men as a Navy SEAL instructor and even as a Cub Scout leader in his community.
Because of his experience with firearms and unique ability to quickly train others, Chris was selected by the Naval Special Warfare Command (WARCOM) to develop the curriculum for the current U.S. Navy SEAL Sniper training program.
After retiring from the Navy he opened Center Mass Group, LLC, a company involved in the elite level weapons and tactics training to military, paramilitary, law enforcement, and civilian consumers.
He has grown from training elite students to becoming the premier firearms instructor-trainer in the United States, Canada, Europe and South America.
His passion for training and excellence goes far beyond the firing range. Chris’ mission here is to see others realize their full potential, achievement, growth, and success – and CURE THE DISEASE OF MEDIOCRITY!
Some Questions We Ask:
- When he hears the word successful, who’s the first person that comes to mind and why?
- Did he have a mentor, a model, an adult figure in his life that he looked up to as somebody that had the skills or the mindset, or just was the person that he wanted to become, or just somebody who supported him?
- Are there any books that have most impacted him, and why?
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- If he could have dinner with one person he admires, past or present, who would it be and why?
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- What led him to join the Navy SEALs
- The 7 rules of marksmanship:
- Dry weapons training
- Deliberate practice
- Constant feedback
If you’re in any stressful situation, any dynamic situation, the person who can focus their mind on what’s most important at that moment in time, wins, every single time.
For instructions on how to rate and review the podcast, click this link.