In this episode, Kristin Darga, founder of Impact Founder, talks about mental and emotional health, and working with entrepreneurs struggling with depression and feelings of inadequacy and failure.
Kristin Darga, Founder of Impact Founder™ Through her work, she saw need for a community where founders could connect and share their stories of success and failures. After her ex-boyfriend almost took his life and she heard about a number of founder suicides, Kristin took action and created Impact Founder, a global multi-media movement to create authentic entrepreneurship community. This growing community supports and empowers entrepreneurs to combat isolation through connection and support each other through the struggles to make a lasting impact.
She has a multitude of experience as a founder, executive director, and manager with nonprofits, startups and corporations, including Sony Pictures Entertainment.
During her training, she studied with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition©. including Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University. The program at the Institute for Integrative nutrition covers over 100 dietary theories, innovative coaching and practical lifestyle management techniques. She has also furthered her education by training with Landmark Worldwide.
Some Questions We Ask:
- When she hears the word successful, who’s the first person that comes to mind?
- I was taught at a young age that every single person is a human and that they’re the same.
- Was there a person, or a moment or a series of moments that got her started thinking about how entrepreneurship could be a pathway for her?
- Are there any people she’s worked with that she’d use as a potential case study, like somebody that she made an impact with? People that she worked with that are doing exceptionally well because of the work that she’s done with them?
- What’s next in her journey? What’s next for the book? What’s next for Impact Founder?
- How can the audience support the work that she’s doing? Where can they find the book?
- By creating Impact Founder, we create stronger businesses.
- If there’s one entrepreneur listening to this podcast, what would be one takeaway for them that she would suggest or recommend, if they’re struggling with depression, mental health, feeling lonely?
- I really understand that my life is created by me.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- Kristin’s family background and how it shaped her view of success
- The adversity moment or series of moments that got her focused on this idea (of Impact Founder).
- People are really struggling. Entrepreneurship isn’t just sexy.
- How Impact Founder is helping entrepreneurs work on their mental health
- Success is a challenge.