A charismatic visionary and transformational teacher, Kute Blackson offers a fresh, bold look at spiritual awareness for a whole new generation. Blackson’s unique lineage lay the blueprint for his approach to breaking down barriers and setting the gifts and greatness of others free. Born in Ghana, West Africa, Blackson’s multicultural upbringing as the child of a Japanese mother and a Ghanaian father has spanned four different continents. His unique lineage lay the blueprint for his approach to breaking down barriers and unlocking an individual’s true gifts and greatness.
Though Blackson was raised all over the world, he had always dreamed of life in America. As if by kismet, he won a green card just after finishing school in London. He came to America alone just months later, with no connections or prospects. When Blackson arrived in Los Angeles, all he had to his name were two suitcases and the dream of seeking out the spiritual and self-help icons who had inspired him when he was a boy.
Blackson quickly learned that the “outside-in” approach favored by so many in the personal development space had to become an inside-out approach. So he decided to create his own method—a process that liberates the individual and the true self at the core and then pushes those gifts outward into the universe. This helps the individual get in touch with who they really are. It is a process of breaking free—so that the individual can live, give, and share the truest expression of their self. This is what Blackson calls “Liberated Living.”
Some Questions We Ask:
- When he hears the word successful, who’s the first person that comes to mind and why?
- What does success mean to him?
- How did you stand up to your father, and carve your own path?
- What is the difference between “challenge” and “struggle”?
- What books have most influenced him and why?
- If he could have dinner with one person he admires, past or present, who would it be and why?
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- The challenge, and beauty, of being brought up as the son of a famous preacher
- How Kute turned down a successful path, following in the footsteps of his father…resulting in no relationship for over 3 years
- His move to the United States, knowing no one.
- Designing a life of meaning for himself, and more importantly, in serving others
- Boundless Bali