Fitness coach Steve Roy talks about how he started Fit Dad Nation, the importance of optimal nutrition and physical training, how we prepare our bodies to build resilience, and the importance of physical health in aiding with depression and anxiety.
Steve Roy is a fitness coach, certified personal trainer, and business owner for almost 20 years now. He has helped hundreds of people lose weight, gain muscle, look better, build their confidence, and get their lives back on track.
Steve is also a single father to two amazing daughters and considers fatherhood the best job on the planet.
After his separation and divorce in 2012, his life and health fell apart. Through hard work, dedication, and a lot of hustle, he has managed to create a pretty awesome life. He’s now happier and healthier than he’s been in years and believes that there is no reason that you can’t be as well.
Some Questions We Ask:
- Who’s the first person that comes to mind when he hears the word “successful,” and why?
- How and why he founded Fit Dad Nation
- What’s the one action step that he would recommend to people to get on the right track?
Do something out of your comfort zone.
- Is there a book or couple of books that he’d recommend to the audience that has most impacted him?
- If he could have dinner with one person he admires, past or present, who would it be and why?
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- How Steve’s parents’ divorce affected him and his self-esteem
- How his own divorce affected his life
- The low point in his life and what made him change for the better
- His thoughts on being process-focused versus goal-focused
- His advice to dads who feel guilty taking time to do their physical fitness routines
You have to make time for yourself… You’re doing your family a disservice by not taking care of yourself.
Your life is better when you feel awesome about yourself.
For instructions on how to rate and review the podcast, click this link.