Steve Sims, founder of Bluefish, talks about his humble beginnings, the difference between wealth and rich, about relationships, serendipity, and how his mindset has helped him to use the experiences he’s had in his life to his advantage.
Steve is the visionary founder of Bluefish: the world’s first luxury concierge that delivers the highest level of personalized travel, transportation, and cutting-edge entertainment services to corporate executives, celebrities, professional athletes, and other discerning individuals interested in living life to its fullest.
Without attending college and his self-proclaimed spelling and grammatical skills sub-par to that of a 7 year old (he apologizes to any 7yr olds reading this), Steve’s entrepreneurial know-how, lateral thinking and cunning drive have the world’s most-renowned celebrities, business moguls & entrepreneurs constantly asking, “tell us how you did it!”
Over the past 18 years, Steve has fulfilled client requests from the unbelievable to the impossible with one simple phone call – sending clients to visit the Titanic in a submersible, getting them onstage to sing with their favorite rock band and clink glasses at private dinners with industry leaders like Donald Trump and Mark Burnett.
(source: www.uglysims.com and www.facebook.com/uglysims)
Some Things We Ask:
- When he hears the word “successful,” what’s the first thing or first person that comes to mind?
- What is the difference between wealth and rich?
- What value is he providing with his clients’ experiences with Bluefish? What does he think he’s doing for his clients?
- Are there certain skills that he sees in the people that he’s around with, those who have not limited themselves to what they can accomplish?
Don’t ask a question when you’re not ready for the answer that you don’t want.
- Does he have any books that have most impacted him, and what are those books?
- Is there a model, a person or an archetype, that he strives to be, or is he just comfortable in his own skin? Is there anybody who he looks up to?
Get surrounded by people better than you.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- What he learned from his parents and from his blue collar background
- What he thinks of today’s “hacks”
- One word to eliminate from your vocabulary
- What he thinks about kids and entitlement
For instructions on how to rate and review the podcast, click this link.